The Grand Valley Trails Alliance is seeking applicants to serve on the acting Board of Directors. We are seeking seven members of the community to form the first board of directors to help the Grand Valley Trails Alliance grow and expand on the foundation it has built. We are looking for individuals who can contribute some unique skills and experience to the organization and will be leaders in the trails community and in the organization.
The Grand Valley Trals Alliance holds as its mission a diverse and challenging set of responsibilities and objectives. To accomplish these, grow as an organization and to help lead the effort in advocating for trails, the founding Board of Directors need to exhibit a diverse and unique range of skills, qualities and qualifications. These include:
- An active and personal appreciation for trails and public lands.
- Experience serving on a non-profit board.
- A personal and professional network of community leaders in business, government, outdoor recreation and/or environmental stewardship.
- The proven ability to work collaboratively and productively with a diverse range of people and groups.
- A desire to be an evangelist for the organization and for a new way of advocating for trails.
- Important and relevant skills that can expand the organization’s capabilities.
- The time to commit to leading a new non-profit organization through the challenges of its first few years.