Progress To Date:
Thus far, this project, the Roundtable’s first, has been focused on evaluating and responding to a proposal to connect the Tabeguache Trail from the Bangs Canyon Staging Area to Highway 141. It has seen members discuss the Tabeguache Trail and the quarter mile connector options at length including field trips and meetings with experts. This in-depth dialogue helped members to find common ground about the value of the connector despite, what were initially, very strong differences of opinion. With leadership from the Grand Mesa Jeep Club and the Quiet Trails Group, the Roundtable developed a list of concerns and recommendations which were then provided to the BLM.
- ***With initial vetting efforts completed, BLM is now seeking input on the proposal from the public at large and will be accepting public comments until March 27th.***
- Comments will be most helpful if they are received by March 27th and are specific to the proposal or analysis as outlined in BLM’s draft Environmental Assessment (EA).
- Please submit comments to either of the following by no later than March 27th.
- 2815 H Road, Grand Junction, CO 81506
- For more information about BLM’s EA or this current comment period, please contact BLM Outdoor Recreation Planner Chris Pipkin at (970) 244-3024.
Anticipated Next Steps:
- Pending BLM review and approval, the next step will be actual installation of the trail. While awaiting BLM’s review the Grand Mesa Jeep Club, in cooperation with the Western Slope ATV Club, is working to secure grant funding for the construction of an OHV crossing at Highway 141.